Monday, June 19, 2023

Coming Out of Canada to Shelby MT

      After being out of the states and exploring western Canada - to me British Columbia had much more to offer then Alberta with Edmonton and Calgary. We weren't impressed with either. Went to where the Stampede is held in Calgary about a week before the event. Another Arena/Colosseum. 

     Once we entered back in the states we Stopped for about five days in Shelby MT. The people were really friendly and helpful. The RV park was part of a hotel with a pool and breakfast. You could use the pool and could get breakfast for $4.00 each. I had some problems with my tow dolly and the hotel maintenance guy was really helpful. Some where along the line leaving Calgary and the border the lever for my tire strap broke and took out my passenger mirror on the Grand Prix.

     Another several hour stop at the border coming back into the states. They are not real happy when you bring in or carry a lot of cash. What are you to due if they don't take plastic or US checks? What really bad was the person who has to go in and check your home for meat and poultry - make sure it is cooked. The Turkey sausage in it's package is fine - but not the eggs.

     Okay, moving on while in Shelby we were only a couple hours from Glacier National Park. Did you know that starting in May the beginning of the summer season you have to make reservations to go through. Apparently they had lost some people in the past. This way they have a head count of those going through. At least tat is what I was told. 

Following are some pictures from Glacier National Park; Pictures are in reverse order.






























You know by now one mountain range with a lake looks the same as all of the others. They are majestic but I don't think I'd like to live up here. Oh yeah by the way that white stuff is pretty but I had enough of it when I lived in the UP!



No comments:

Post a Comment